Thursday, July 2, 2009

Ben Gordon is a Detroit Piston


According to various news sources, former Bull G Ben Gordon has just agreed to a $55 million deal with the Detroit Pistons.

I will spent more time on this news later today, but for now I just want to note that a) I'm not too sad about losing Ben, despite his moments of greatness with the Bulls and b) this probably means that Kirk Hinrich is safe.

I'm all in favor of letting Ben go. I would have also, however, been all in favor of, oh, i dunno, actually DRAFTING SOMEONE who could have replaced him? Jack McClinton? Wayne Ellington? Oh well. I guess there is still a lot of preseason to go. Hopefully we find a shooter somewhere.

EDIT: Interestingly, the Pistons have also signed Charlie Villanueva, Gordon's teammate at Connecticut and former Buck/Raptor. College reunion? Hmm.

EDIT DEUCE: NBA free agency is madness! Turkoglu may be headed to Portland. Shaq had his introductory news conference in Cleveland. I can only assume Vince Carter is at Disney World (although he seems like more of an Epcot kind of guy to me).

Anyway, all the up to date news is at ESPN's blog TrueHoop . You know I don't like to promote ESPN's products, but this one is free.

1 comment:

  1. Artest to LA, Rasheed to Boston, AI potentially to Boston. It's like all the stars want 1 last run at the title before they are washed up.

    ReplyDelete