Friday, August 7, 2009

Quick Hits


Madden and SI

https://subs.timeinc.net/SI/si_madden09.jhtml?experience_id=240551&source_id=1&_requestid=266317&_requestid=266317


The above link is a great deal for Madden and SI lovers. You can get 6 months of SI for $49 and get Madden 2010 for any system free. I already signed up!


If that link doesn’t work try this one sitvoffer.com


Gordon Beckham Jersey

So I have begun an internal debate. Should I get a Gordon Beckham jersey? I have been calling him the team’s savior in a joking matter since spring training, but watching him play and hearing him talk he is quickly becoming one of my favorite White Sox players. I was looking to add one this year and going into the year the leading candidate was Bobby Jenks. Now I’m not so sure. I know he has potential but what if he goes the way of Mark Prior and never amounts to anything. Then it will have to join my Anthony Thomas Bears jersey in my closet that I never wear. If I get Jenks, and he continues to pitch like he’s passing kidney stones (he had two of them, that sucks) I can always lean back on the fact he was the pitcher when the White Sox clinched the World Series.

Now, I know most of you out there know my jersey collection and are thinking, well he bought a Ken Griffey Jr. jersey last year and still wears it, what’d he do for the Sox. Well that was a different scenario. He was my favorite player growing up playing for my favorite team. That was the biggest no brainier Jersey I have ever bought.

So what do you think, is it too soon for a Beckham Jersey?

Here are the other 4 Jersey’s I want to add to my collection.

Fisk: Not sure if the terrible rainbow ones or the classy collar jerseys
Bo Jackson: Just cause he was AWESOME! Does this mean I’m linking Tecmo Bo again? Sure does!

1917 World Series Jersey: I already own 1906 and 2005, I should complete the collection
1919 AL Pennant Jersey: Cause how cool would a Black Sox jersey be.

Hall Of Fame Game

Football returns this weekend. And the peasants rejoiced. The Bills vs the Titans (who will be honor Steve McNair with a helmet decal) will play in the Hall of Fame game this weekend. Every year I tell myself I’m going to watch it, and I rarely do. I will probably watch the opening ceremonies and the first couple of possessions and then flip the channel. Really I’m just glad football is back!

1 comment:

  1. Really, beyond the first couple of possessions the Hall of Fame Game is worthless. But at least we can see the solid receiver that Justin Gage has become and cry over our own corps.

    I think a Beckham jersey is a pretty damn safe bet, personally. Less games in the minors than studs like Braun, Tulowitzki, and Longoria? Yea, you'll be all right.

    ReplyDelete