Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Baseball Time

I am too lazy to come up with my own format, so here is my take on how this season will shake out in baseball.

NL.

Cy Young: Tim Lincecum
MVP: Joey Votto


NL East: Braves
NL Central: Brewers
NL West: Giants
NL Wild Card: Reds

NL Pennant: Reds


Unlike my Noffke counterpart, I think the Phillies are extremely overrated and although they have the pitching, I heard on ESPN that the Phillies scored less than 3 runs in 73 of their games last year and losing Werth means having to win games 1-0. I really like the Brewers lineup top to bottom this year and with Prince's contract situation I expect great things this year. The Giants and Rockies could be interchangeable in the west and it will come down to who goes on a winning streak down the stretch. I will however take the Giants.



AL

AL Cy Young: CC Sabathia
MVP: Carl Crawford


AL East: Red Sox
AL Central: Twins
AL West: Rangers
AL Wild Card: Yankees


AL Pennant: Red Sox

As a Yankees fan it really hurts to have the Red Sox win the pennant, but they are STACKED! That being said the Yankees will win enough games this year to mae the wildcard. No real competition in the west making the Ranges pick easy and then there was the central... The tigers and sox have greatly improved, but much like the brewers I like their lineup way to much not to pick them. Their only drawback is that they will have to score 6 runs a game to win. I really like the sox rotation but I'm not sure if it will hold up down the stretch.


World Series Title: Boston

Too. Much. Talent.
Pending a team killing plane crash or a curse that hurts their entire rotation there is no way that the Red Sox will not roll through the playoffs. As previously stated I hate picking them but I cant foresee an alternate ending.

1 comment:

  1. Can that team killing plan crash land on Yankee stadium?

    O man, that made me laugh out loud at work.

    Actually come to think of it, the Red Sox landing on Yankee Stadium would be terrible, that story would never go away.

    I like the information about the Phillies, but that's also assuming that Howard and Rollins will hit as crappy as last season. I don't see that happening, even if they are a year older.

    Also, I do like the Brewers. Prince Fielder has a good year every other year. Last year was bad, and this year will be good. Plus that contract year he will put up big numbers.

    The problem for him, just like pujols, where is he going to go? The 3 biggest spenders (Yankees, Red Sox and Phillies) all already have first baseman. I guess DH for the Red Sox or Yankees. Or maybe the cubs.

    Signed

    Noffke Counterpart

    ReplyDelete