Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Doing the Unthinkable


All right maybe not unthinkable.

As you all know I am an avid sports nut. I wake up, turn on ESPN2 and watch Mike and Mike in the morning while I get ready to go to work. I tune in to watch lots of Sportscenter, Gameday and even Pool on ESPN. I even have an ESPN chip in my brain.

So what am I giving up for Lent?

That’s right, I’m giving up ESPN TV. That means the mother ship ESPN and all of its sister stations. ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNEWS and I even ESPN360.com to be ESPN TV. I won’t even turn on ESPN for a Hoosiers or Blackhawks game

Will it be difficult? I would say yes and no. There will probably be a bunch of good College basketball games that I’ll want to watch but won’t be able to. But honestly, it’s only 40 days. It is a very very small sacrifice to make. The only way I see myself not succeeding is if I accidentally turn on a game while flipping through the channels. I will do my best to avoid this.

There is one situation that I will allow myself to watch ESPN and this is if I am in a bar. Bars everywhere always have sports on and it’d be kind of dumb to just look away the whole time. I am sure with my attention span I would glance up countless times with out thinking about it. Now with saying I can watch ESPN in a bar does not mean I will allow myself to go to a bar to watch something I want to watch on ESPN.

Wish me luck. I am not worried

Have a good Ash Wednesday and Lent. Good luck with your own Lenten Sacrifices.

3 comments:

  1. Aaaaand..... being a heathen never felt so good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was gonna ask about the whole bar thing, but you answered it for me. Btw, if Andre Smith fell to the Bears where would he play? Where would Williams play? They're both LT's right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andre Smith is a big fat guy, I bet a lot of NFL teams are projecting him out to RT. Williams on the other hand is a classic left tackle type.

    ReplyDelete