Friday, February 27, 2009

Weekend Watch


To start off, My thoughts and prayers go out to the families of Norm Van Lier and Johnny (Red) Kerr. Even though they weren’t on the court or the bench, these two were a big part of the repeat three-peat for me from their presences as broadcasters.

Friday

Bulls at Wizards: CSN+ 7 ET

After a loss in the Bulls family, can the new look Bulls go into the nation’s capital and win? I think so. They have been very up and down since they have gotten the new players. Some of this comes from getting used to playing together. Others might blame it on coaching.

Who I want to Win: Bulls

Who I think will Win: Bulls


Penguins at Blackhawks: Comcast Sports Net (CSN) 8:30 ET

Home sweet home for the Blackhawks. It seems like forever since they’ve played at the United Center. Let alone at least two games in a row. Actually the Hawks will basically be home the rest of the seasons. This game features a bunch of the young stars who are supposed to save the NHL. Apparently Sid the Kid is not going to play because of a strained groin, so I am kind of bummed about that. I was looking forward to Towes pushing around his fellow Canadian for 60 minutes. Oh well.

Who I want to Win: Blackhawks

Who I think will Win: Since it’s in Chicago, Blackhawks in a close one.

Saturday

College Gameday 11 ET College hoops 12ET - ?

The guys are going to be at U Cal-Berkley this weekend for the UCLA vs. Cal game. Should be an interesting crowd there and a fun game later. I am going to sound like a broken record with my College hoops. 12ET - ? Looking over the hoops schedule no game jumps out as a much watch. I will probably flip around to games I like. Yup basically the same thing I’ve said the past two weekend watches. Flipping between games might be a little more difficult without ESPN.

Accenture WGC Match Play Championship NBC 2 ET

I enjoy watching golf in general. I don’t watch every tournament but I do watch some and I try not to miss the 4 majors, TPC and the tournament formerly know as the Western Open when it’s played at Cog Hill in Chicagoland. However I enjoy events like this that aren’t the traditional stroke play. I find it’s a great change of pace from a pretty routine season. Also if I didn’t watch Accenture will fire me. No not really, actually they are having intercompany march madness like bracket where the winners win some nice prizes. I am currently in 1154 place (No that is not good) with Padraig Harrington winning (He lost in the 1st round).

Who I want to win: Luke Donald (FROM……….Northwestern! That’s for you Fodor)

Who I think will win: Padraig Harrington uggh I mean, Geoff Olgivy



Sunday


Now here’s some College Basketball Games!

#10 Marquette at #6 Louisville 12 ET CBS

Should be a good Big East showdown between two team that really aren’t that far East. Pitino and Louisville is tough to beat at home. Especially when Pitino joins in a white out by wearing his southern plantation owner suit; you tell me what’s more intimidating?

Who I want to Win: Louisville

Who I think will Win: Louisville

#8 Missouri at #15 Kansas 2 ET CBS

Kansas is still riding high after beating Oklahoma. Even I, the man who put Kansas in his Final Four in every bracket he’s done since the Paul Pierce era, am surprised at the season is having after losing most of their championship team. Fog Allen is still one of the toughest place to win too. However Missouri’s 40 minutes of hell strategy is to say the least AWESOME and a ton of fun to watch. These are two of my top 5 favorite schools to watch so you know I’ll be tuning in.

Who I Want to Win: Kansas

Who I think will Win: Kansas

#9 Michigan State at # 20 Illinois TBA CBS

A good Big Ten Matchup here with Illionis still having an outside shot at winning the Big Ten title. Illinois has played pretty solid all year with a few hiccups here and there though (ok more then a hiccup against PSU). The Orange Crush will be going nuts with MSU coming to town so the question is can Izzo keep his team composed in a hostile enviorment.

Who I Want to Win: Michigan State

Who I Think will Win: Michigan State


Accenture WGC Match Play Championship NBC 2 ET

This day is a little slower because it is longer (36 hole match play) and there are only two groups on the course. It’s still worth the watch, most year there is high drama, and getting towards the end every shot counts. I know I didn’t pick Phil to win, but I think the best thing that could have happened to Phil was seeing him outlast Tiger. Now he might have the confidence to win it all.

Who I want to win: Luke Donald

Who I think will win: Geoff Olgivy

Kings at Blackhawks 3ET

It’s going to be a busy weekend for the United Center staff; Ice for Friday night, Basketball court for Saturday Night, Ice for Sunday afternoon. This should be a good afternoon game between these two teams that have had some good games so far this season.

Who I want to Win: Blackhawks

Who I think will Win: Blackhawks

No comments:

Post a Comment