Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Letter to David Stern


This is an actual letter I sent to David Stern.

David Stern,

First off I would like to say how much I have enjoyed watching the Boston Celtics and Chicago Bulls playoff series.

I consider myself a casual NBA fan at best. However, after last night’s games I am questioning whether I will ever watch, much less attend, another NBA game again. I know this isn’t the reason the Bulls lost the game, but Rajon Rondo’s foul at the end of the game was a blatant shot at Brad Miller’s head making no play on the ball. I understand that it’s a fast game and the refs have little time to react, but with time to look at the tape, if the NBA does not have some kind of punishment on Rondo I will never watch an NBA game again.

Then on top of that foul, I saw highlights of the Philadelphia 76ers and Orlando Magic game where Dwight Howard also gets away with a flagrant foul makes me question the legitimacy of NBA reffing.

Seeing two calls like this makes me think that Tim Donaghy isn’t the only ref with a hidden agenda. These types of calls make it look like the NBA is allowing their referees to dictate the NBA’s preferred match ups of Boston vs. Orlando, Boston vs. LA, Cleveland vs. LA, and Boston vs. Cleveland to improve their ratings. Well I know if these fouls go unpunished, there will be one household that will not be tuned in to any of these match ups.

Stephen Noffke

6 comments:

  1. Yesterday the league announced that the play on Miller was NOT flagerant. How fucking unbelievable. It's one thing to let little fouls go at the end of the game, but to allow someone to grab another person's head and slam them to the ground is absolutely dispicable. David Stern should be fired and there should be a complete overhaul of the NBA officiating crew. Maybe get some college refs in there and tell them to start calling the travel's, and the other BS calls that the NBA refuses to call to protect its superstars and matchups. This was really a disgusting way to handle that entire match up and it makes me want to burn the NBA organization to the ground. And I mean that quite literally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw, what is David Stern's email address. I would also like to send him a scathing email.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, I hope Aaron Gray comes in today and literally takes out Rajon Rondo for the rest of the series by beating the crap out of him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And according to Simmons (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/090429&sportCat=nba) he addmited to it. SO YES HE SHOULD BE SUSPENDED!

    ReplyDelete
  5. and here (http://www.nba.com/email_us/contact_us.html) is where i wrote to David Stern

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you get a response back?

    ReplyDelete