Thursday, April 30, 2009

Weekend Watch 05/01/09


I know it’s a day early, but I am off tomorrow so my weekend starts in one hour.

Thursday

Celtic at Bulls 7 ET TNT (Celtics Lead Series 3-2)

Elimination game tonight for what many people have called the best first round match-up since they have made it a 7 game series. To this point we have had 3 OT games, a game won on the last shot of regulation, and A Boston blowout. I know I have enjoyed so far and I hope this game doesn’t disappoint. So should the Bulls go after Rondo right away? Should they do what Ryan suggested and put Aaron Grey to throw a haymaker at him? I know I want to see him on his butt every time he comes down the lane.

Who I want to win: Bulls
Who I think will win: Bulls

Blackhawks at Canucks 9 ET VS (Series tied 0-0)

Round 2 begins for the NHL tonight and this should be a fantastic series. The trash talking has already been thrown around and if you don’t believe this won’t be a rough series you’ll have to look at the penalty minutes from the last time they played. How many? 80!!!!!! Luongo is one of the, if not the best goaltender in the game. He has been lights out from shots that are 15 feet or out so far in the playoffs, so the Hawks are going to need to get in close for some good shots. Vancouver has had 9 days off so they might be a little rusty. If Chicago wants to win this series they have to split the first two games.

Who I want to win: Blackhawks
Who I think will in: Canucks

Speaking of the Blackhawks. (http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/2009/news?columnist=johnson_george&id=4114044) Fun read sent to me by Colin who also has a man crush on Toews.


Friday

White Sox at Texas

Normally I wouldn’t include random baseball games that seem insignificant. But this one is important. Why do you ask? Because this is Scotty Pods' (pictured) first game back to the White Sox. I know he wasn’t with the team long, but he was by far my favorite players on the Sox at the time and will always be up there with my all time favorites like Thomas, Ventura, Cora, Guillien, Paulee, and Buehrle (and Jackson, Jordan and Griffey but I love those guys for reason besides what they did in the White Sox uniform). Jamie is exicited he is back on the team for different reasons. I will continue to keep an eye out for his model wife.

Who I want to win: White Sox
Who I think will win: White Sox



Saturday

NBA Playoffs Game 7: TBD TNT

There are 3 potential game 7s that could be played throughout this day. I hope the Bulls and Celtics face off. That would mean they held off elimination and won in Chicago. Can they win in Boston, it’ll be hard but I think they can, and it’s 1 game, anything can happen. The other two are Philadelphia at Orlando and Houston at Portland. Dwight Howard has been suspended for Game 6 and it’s in Philly so I am thinking that one is going to go to 7. I have a feeling Houston will finish off Portland in Game 6.


Who I want to win: Orlando
Who I think will win: Orlando

Who I want to win: Chicago
Who I think will win: Boston

1 comment:

  1. Ah. Scott Podsednik and his magical non-functioning hamstring. He = either 60 steals or about six trips to the DL.

    sigh. I like Lillebridge.

    ReplyDelete