Sunday, August 23, 2009

Coincidence: I think not

Hey guys, it's A to the K writing from Barcelona. Before laying down the jock-political smack down, I'd like to let everyone know this city is beyond gorgeous and is more than well worth the visit. I'm here to blow off some steam from Army training and I couldn't find a better scenario. There's a reason why they brought the Olympics here; everyone likes it :-)

So getting off my my Mediterranean trip, let me do some Picasso like abstract thinking: one of my snitches (aka college friends) in DC sent me a clip Glenn Beck talking about Phoenix, AZ being the kidnapping capitol of the US and basically blaming it on Mexicans. I'll lay off my political stuff for later, but this dude has some reasonability issues. Anyways, so why is Phoenix the kidnapping capitol of the US? There is one extremely simple reason:

The Suns traded Shaquille O'Neal to Cleveland, check it:

- Shaq takes his volunteer cop act to Miami and brings Shaq-fu to the streets that Scarface menaced.
- Other bloggers, in that warzone that John McCain governs, have lamented the loss of Volunteer Police Officer O'Neal

I'm a bit too beered up (San Miguel and Estrella Damm are niiiiiiiiiiice) and mentally worn out (Gaudi and Picasso? big change of pace for a Renessiance guy) to bring up the actual stats, but this much I am sure of:

The loss of 'he who mad Kazaam' did more to degrade Arizona public security than anything done by those who celebrated our 2-1 defeat in Azteca Stadium.

As for Mr. Beck, until you bring Shaq or an equivolent (maybe even an upgrade to Hakeem Olajuwon), simmer down and work with management.
Peace,
-AK

1 comment:

  1. Next: Shaq patrols the streets of the Cleve in ESPN3's "To Catch a Predator 2".

    Any Rubio sightings while you're over there?

    ReplyDelete