Friday, August 21, 2009

Caleb Hanie For President



So I was skimming SI.com and found this article by the mostly enjoyable Don Banks about backup QBs.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/don_banks/08/20/backups/index.html?eref=sihpT1

Guess who is dead last in his rankings of backup QBs, that's right, Caleb Hanie. The man people wanted to see start at QB last year for the Bears. I personally love Caleb Hanie, but I understand this ranking. He's never played a down, he didn't have that much hype in college or coming out of college like Smith, Young or Lienhart. Still, I like Caleb and think he's going to be a fine backup QB. Saying that, would I be terrified if Cutler is unable to play, you bet I would.

2 comments:

  1. I, too, am a big fan of Caleb Hanie. Can he really be that much worse than whats his face on the Colts? Sorgi? Anywho, irrelevant. Caleb Hanie = Mr. Awesome. However, I would never want to see Cutler injured in order for Hanie to play b/c its highly unlikely that Hanie is anywhere NEAR even a jock scratch of Cutlers. With that said, I was hoping Orton would get injured so we could see Hanie dominant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just watched Hanie play in the preseason game against the Giants, and I have to say, he didn't do terribly bad...much better than I thought he would. I haven't even heard of him before this game, and now he's become one of my favorite players, not to mention I think he's absolutely adorable. :]

    ReplyDelete