Friday, September 11, 2009

Weekend Watch/Wagers (09/11/09)







The glorious return of a forgotten franchise! I threw down $40 on 4 games this weekend (legally in Vegas), so I will be watching those in addition to the normal watch stuff. My first wager was Ga Tech -5 over Clemson. I looked good in the first before Ga Tech decided they had already won, and stopped playing and then milking the clock for a game winning FG (WHERE’S THE TD TO COVER!).

Anyways on to the Watch

Saturday

College GameDay 9 AM ET

Come on you know you watch it too. Live from Columbus Ohio.

Early Games

I put $10 on Iowa State +6.5 over Iowa (Sorry Anne and Colin). So I will be watching that one in addition to IU and Western Michigan

Who I want to Win: Iowa by 3.

Who I think will Win: Iowa

Who I want to Win: IU

Who I think will Win: Western Michigan

Afternoon Games

Michigan at Notre Dame. This should be a fairly exciting game based on the way the two teams played last week. We will see though. The story of the game will be the QBs. Can Clausen put up his good numbers against a team not from the WAC? Will the shoelace wonder (yes the QB Robinson who doesn’t tie his shoes) and Forcier continue to excel after there 1st game success? The over/under was 48.5 and I put $10 on the over so as you can tell I’m expecting them all to perform.

Who I want to win: I can’t decide but since I’ll be in the state of Michigan, Michigan

Who I think will win: I thin Notre Dame will show they are for real in this game.

Night Game

Southern Cal (South Carolina is the REAL USC) vs THE Ohio State University. The Showdown in the Shoe or whatever you want to call it this year. This is as big as a must win for Ohio State and the Big Ten if they want to be viewed as an elite conference this year. Southern Cal starts a true frosh QB in his first road game ever. They also are returning just 3 starters on defense from last year so Southern Cal might be having a more down year compared to recent Southern Cal team. Saying all that, Ohio State has lost a ton of talent as well. They do return Pryor who was Big Ten Pre-season player of the year. The key to the game will be how Ohio State’s O-Line plays. They have struggled against very athletic defenses, and guess what Southern Cal has. If they can manhandle them and get into a steady rushing rhythm they can win. If they get into too many 3rd and long, the Southern Cal defense will have a field day with the OSU O-line. 105,000 going nuts in the shoe, should be a good game.

Who I want to win: Ohio State

Who I think will win: Southern Cal

Random Tangent. Yes I am giving Southern Cal crap about not being the real USC, but Southern Cal looks fine in print. Nothing throws me off more then seeing Louisana State or hearing that name, I’m always like who the F*&% is Louisiana State, and then it clicks, LSU. Doesn’t phase me with BYU or Southern Cal or any other initial school, but there’s something about LSU

Sunday

Early Games

Falcons vs Dolphins

The overachievers last year! I think this will be a very entertaining game even though neither team will repeat what they did last year

Who I want to win: Dolphins

Who I think will win: Dolphins

Sunday Night Football

Bears vs Packers. Bears getting 3.5 you bet I put money on that. This game could go a long way in determining momentum for the NFC North. Either team starts out the season with a blowout; they can carry that with them the rest of the season. I got Bears winning by the same margin as last year in Indy.

Who I want to win: Bears

Who I think will win: Bears.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray, Weekend Watch is back!

    I also have a grim feeling that IU may lose to Western Michigan

    ReplyDelete