Thursday, February 19, 2009

Carmody Cardiac 'Cats Win One, IU Gets Whipped


Well, NU kept its postseason hopes alive by beating Ohio State last night in Evanston. John Shurna hit a fadeaway trey with three seconds left to give the 'Cats a 70-67 win. My mom was at the game, so I got the inside scoop. More details on the Wildcats are pending, as soon as I get around to doing some quality writing. This game was quite a thriller, and it's great to see these 2008-9 versions of the early '00s Cardiac Cats finally win one of their innumerable nailbiters.

Meanwhile, Roomate Paul and I hit Coach's tonight for the second half of the IU vs. Wisconsin game. Down only one at halftime, the Hoosiers went on to absolutely... fold like a cheap Chinese card table... choke like a fat guy at Old Country Buffet... die like a lemming in mating season... pick your metaphor. This second half was sickening. This is just not Indiana's year. And I think Wisconsin may have passed Minnesota in terms of NCAA Bubble Watch, since the Golden Gophers got handled by Michigan tonight.

Currently watching Washington vs. UCLA on Fox Sports Net. My main observation at first blush is that the fans at UCLA games has nothing on an IU crowd. They do the (SO-and so PLAY-er) chant for different guys every possession - we wait until one guy has really earned it. The cheering seems weak and diffuse. Maybe the miking? But on the basketball front, Wazzu has some seriously fast players! I don't know that big man John Brockman is the real deal, but those guards are lightning quick. EDIT: Fine. Brockman is a beast on the boards. I'm impressed.

Anyways, I'll update with more on that NU-OSU game once I watch it in its entirety on DVR. Northwestern is now 14-10 (5-8) . Be forewarned, if they make the NIT, Noffke, I am forcing you to do NIT Pick 'Em against me for a bottle of bourbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment