Saturday, February 21, 2009

Weekend Watch


Welcome to the weekend watch.

All Weekend

NFL Combine: Its going to be on NFL network as well as other outlets. If you get time flip it on. It's interesting to see what drills they make players perform as well as who really shines. You can also follow your favorite college players. I know this is what Fodor will be doing.

Friday

Nuggets at Bulls 8 ET

First time to get to see the new look Bulls! Well assuming that all the players that all the players that were dealt pass their physicals in time. If not the Bulls could be playing with something like 8 or 9 players. Should be interesting. (Aaron Grey - nice armpits, dude! Didn't know you could dunk.)

Saturday

College Basketball 11 ET - ?

College Gameday will be at Texas today hyping up the big Oklahoma Texas. The morning game I will probably turn on is Steph Curry and Davidson against number 22 Butler. Like last week I will probably just watch whatever game comes on

Indiana at Purdue: 2 ET

The Hooisers looked very solid in the first half against Wisconsin. It's a shame they couldn't even come close to replicating it in the second half. I am not that worried about the lack of in-game adjustments by Crean blaming it more on lack of talent. Others have already started raising concerns over this. I would like to see the Hoosiers play one complete game and hopefully that is today at Purdue. I doubt it will happen.

Who I want to win: Hoosiers
Who I think will win: Purdue

(Quick tangent about Purdue. They were one of my pre-season final four teams. I continue to think they are good but every time I picked them three times in my streak for cash, they lose (Blowing streaks of 7 and 6 at different times) I put $10 on them and the under at Illinois, they lost. Finally i decided to pick against them for my streak when they played MSU, they won. Just more reasons for me to hate Purdue)


Chicago Blackhawks at Dalls Stars: 3 ET

Good news for Hawks fans outside of Chicagoland, this game will be on WGN. Good news for me because I get WGNHD but not Comcast Sports Net HD. Hawks walloped them last time so we can hope for a repeat. It feels like the Hawks have been on the road forever. If we can come off this new road trip with a couple of wins I'd be happy.

Who I want to win: Blackhawks
Who I think will win: Blackhawks

Gymnastics 4ET

I know gymnastics, but hey it's a good way to get your girlfriend, fiance or wife to watch sports. It's some of the worlds best competing so why not turn it on.

Sunday


Pittsburgh Penguins at Washing Capitals: 11:30 ET

Sid the kid vs the Great 8. The players who were supposed to save the NHL. They have both done a great job, Sid in the finals last year, and AO continually making phenomenal plays. I am ready for the Stanley Cup playoffs to start, but until then i guess this will do.

Who I am cheering for: Penguins
Who I think will win: Capitals

Rugby 5 ET

I know Rugby on TV! On ABC! Amazing! Sure it's USA rugby and they aren't very good. If you have never seen rugby you should enjoy this program. It's highlights from USA's Sevens side. Sevens is a lot more fast paced with a lot more scoring and action. I personally do not enjoy it as much as the full side but I highly recommend anyone.

Academy Awards: 8 ET

I know it's not a sport, but come on it's an event. Hugh Jackman is hosting. I have heard that he has done a phenomenal job when he has hosted the Tony awards. It will also be nice since he's not a comedian he won't be trying too hard to make his jokes work. I think he will do an excellent job, I mean he is Wolverine after all, nothing can hurt him. I do not think there will be too many suprises for who wins the big Awards. The ones that will be up in the air will be best suporting Acctress and best Actor. There is supposed to only be three musical acts so that could make some people happy and other upset.

Who I want to win: Slumdog Millionare
Who I think will win: Slumdog Millionare

1 comment:

  1. www.nfl.com has a fantastic detailed section on the Combine with blog, video, etc. I highly recommend.

    ReplyDelete