Friday, February 13, 2009

Weekend Watch

Alright so it looks like this might become a weekly segment where towards the end of the work day on Friday I will post what sporting events I plan on watching this weekend.

FRIDAY

7:30 ET Blackhawks @ Blues

First meeting between these two teams there were something like 4 fights in the 1st period. Also Hawks could end their road trip at 6-2. Should be a good game.

Who I am cheering for: Blackhawks

Who I think will win: Blackhawks

9:00 ET NBA Rookies vs Sophomores

Derrick Rose trying to help the Rookies win for the first time in 6 years; I actually find this game more exciting then the All-Star game most of the time. It’s nice to see the young guys run around and see how they react to the crowd and play with each other. My one question is, if Greg Oden is eligible for Rookie of the Year this year, does he play with the Rookies?


Who I am Cheering for: Rookies

Who I think will win: Sophomores

SATURDAY

12 ET - ? College Basketball

I flipped through the schedule and there weren’t really any games that stood out to me that I have to watch. I’ll probably catch a little of Purdue and Iowa. Mostly I will just flip around and find whatever game is most entertaining at the time”

8 ET NBA All-Star Skills Competition

Another event that is more exciting then the All-Star game; I am pretty excited to see H-O-R-S-E for the first time especially after reading Bill Simmons argument for it. The dunk contest can be hit or miss, but if Dwight Howard comes out like he did last year, it should be a good one this year.


SUNDAY

1:00 ET #20 Illinois @ Indiana

During my final few years at school it looked like these two schools were on the verge of becoming an intense rivalry instead of just a rivalry between my friends and I. Well now Sampson’s gone and this rivalry has lost a lot of it’s steam. Illinois should win but I’d like to see IU keep it close while I can make some snide comments about Bruce Weber

Who I am cheering for: Indiana

Who I think will win: Illinois

3:30 ET Daytona 500

This is one of the few NASCAR races I watch every year. I can understand both sides of the auto racing argument; Long, dull and driving in circles or fast, furious and intense racing. Since this is the biggest NASCAR race of the year I will tune in an catch the action. You should to, just try and watch the last 30 laps if nothing else.

Who I am cheering for: Terry Labaonte. Apparently he might not finish the race though.

Who I think is going to win: Jeff Gordon. He has been running well, won a shootout race, and wants to end his losing streak.


8:00 ET NBA All-Star Game

Will I watch the whole game? No, I probably won’t watch much of it, but it’s always worth watching a few minutes of the game, or putting it on your second TV (I had the two TV setup for two years, highly recommend it if you’re an avid sports fan), or having be the channel you flip back to at commercials of the other show. You know there is going to be a lot of big plays

Who I am cheering for: East

Who I think is going to win: It’s a meaningless game, and with no rationale I’m picking the East.

No comments:

Post a Comment