Saturday, March 14, 2009

Doing My Homework


Now, don't get excited, Mom.

(at least I know someone is reading this!)

What I mean is, this is crunch time, and I am busy watching as many games as possible at the same time right now. Baylor, I feel, deserves to get into the tourney whether they beat Mizzou in the Big Twelve Championship game or not. Also on is Duquense vs. Temple in the A-10 title tilt.

Temple is surprisingly good. I had forgotten about Dionte Christmas (pictured above), who has 29 points tonight. It's too bad we couldn't get him and Indiana's erstwhile student manager Mike Santa on the same floor at some point this season!

I want to link to Luke Winn's blog over at SI.com, which is full of good links and tourney speculation.

More coming as the night continues. My plan for the evening - cook out (just got a grill for twenty bucks at Walmart), watch basketball. You just can't get a whole lot better than that! Now is the time when you see as much as the tourney teams as you possibly can, so that when we're all filling out our brackets tomorrow, you can convince yourself that this pick or that pick is somehow halfway competent.

Of course, three weeks later, we're all getting killed by the girl that picked based on cutest point guard. But that's the way it goes.

UPDATE: Tim Floyd's USC squad beat Arizona State to steal a bid. It's starting to look like the Big Ten will only get six or seven in. Sorry, Penn State/Wisco/Michigan!

No comments:

Post a Comment