Friday, March 13, 2009

A Few Links Before Work



Man, that looks like a great Weekend Watch. Sadly for Poor Old Mark, I made the mistake of signing up for shifts both tonight (5-close) and Saturday (11-4) down at Mother Bear's. These will bring me to a grand total of fifty hours on the week, and no, we don't get overtime pay.

Hey, if you're a good tipper living in B-Town, hit me up!

Seriously though, I have a few links for y'all.

From Bleacher Report:

Lovie Smith: The New Dusty Baker - I know, we're not Cubs fans here. But the comparison of these two coaches definitely struck a chord for me in terms of their game-day demeanor. Can't you see Lovie with the toothpick? Anyway, pretty good article.

Mock Draft: Trades That Actually Make Sense
- Tab Bamford has put up twice as many mocks as SI.com's Don Banks. (PS: Banks is awesome) My boycott of Mel Kiper Jr. continues this year. I love the guy, but refuse to pay money to view his content on ESPN.com when there is equally good analysis all over the Internet for free.


Chicago Tribune (non-sports):

Illinois has begun to consider legalizing medical marijuana. The measure passed its first step and is now being considered by the state House of Representatives. Just read the comments on the bottom of this article.

These guys crack me up. I can't think of a harder job than standing outside all day in West Lafayette figuring out how to compliment every passer-by, but they seem to really be enjoying themselves! Check out the interview with the hat guy for a taste of solid Purdue nerd-dom.

Finally, in the sports section, both David Haugh and Steve "D-Bag" Rosenbloom comment on the Bears' signing of former Nebraska and Saints safety Josh Bullocks, and it ain't looking pretty.

ESPN

Thanks to Bryden Cory via F-book for this one. My discussion of Hoosiers basketball is coming soon, but until then, read Gene W's (yeah, that's right, not even goanna look up the right spelling! take that!) piece on the worst season in IU history. I couldn't agree more with the tone of the program right now, and I know a lot of staunch Indiana supporters feel the same.

Meanwhile, Albert Haynesworth just got himself arraigned for some reckless driving. Considering he already had a ticket for going over 100, you'd think he would, I dunno, GET HIMSELF A DRIVER WITH SOME OF THE 100+ MILL DAN SNYDER IS PAYING HIM?!

Dear Albert: I am a ninja delivery driving master. I will happily chauffeur you around Tennessee and Washington, 24/7, in whatever ride you deem appropriate. My contact information is on this page. Please call me. I will treat you like the finest pizza and deliver you to your location legally, with the quickness.

That's all for now.

UPDATE : Haven't touched this story yet, but had to post this.

No comments:

Post a Comment