Monday, March 23, 2009

SNoffke's Best March Madness Moment


So looking at my bracket I am doing pretty well right now. 14 of my Sweet 16 are still alive. I believe this ties me for my best I have ever done. Jamie has one upped me with a 15 out of 16 and I heard on the radio, that ESPN Radio personality Mike Greenberg is 16 for 16 in his sweet 16.

This got me thinking about what my proudest moment or my best bracket prediction I ever had.

The moment I finally decided was my finest happened during the 2001 NCAA tournament. Now I am not going to lie, I did kind of luck into this situation. As I stated in my Bracket breakdown post, I love picking Ivy League schools; particularly Princeton. Princeton was a 15 seed playing a 2 seed North Carolina. Fearless in my love for picking Princeton I went ahead and predicted the 4th 15 over a 2 upset in history. Did it happen? No. UNC wiped the floor with Princeton. (Interesting to note, 2001 did have a 15 over a 2 when Hampton beat Iowa State).

Now, my love for picking Ivy League schools is only a first round thing for me. So in the second round I had Princeton losing to #7 seed Penn State. Well, Penn State lived up to their part and would be playing UNC. In an shocking up set Penn State ended up beating UNC and advancing to the Sweet 16.

Now you might be asking why is this so impressive? I was in three pools that were roughly 100 people in each of them. Of all 300 pools, I was the only individual who correctly predicted that Penn State would make it to the Sweet 16.

So what was your finest March moment? I want to hear about your greatest bracket predictions ever. Tell us your story in the comments section below.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, this was a good year to make wussy predictions for the Sweet Sixteen! Just pick chalk and you get 14 of 16.

    Yes, I'm feeling bitter.

    Finest moments, coming soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, First time ever, that every 1, 2, and 3 seed has made it to the sweet 16. Can't wait to see you cry win UNC goes down in flames.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My proudest moment was easily when I picked Georgia Tech v. UConn in the 2004 finals, with UConn for the win. I was the only person who had those two teams in the finals (in my tourny) and ironically I only got 2nd. This was because I had 3 of 8 elite eight teams and 2 of 4 final four teams. Pretty pathetic. Anyways, I currently have 11 of 16 sweet 16 teams, most I can get in elite eight is 6. But I still got all my final four teams goin! C'mon Kansas!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete