Sunday, August 16, 2009

Bears First Preseason Game

One of the first things I did this morning was open up the Trib's sports section and read Rick Morrissey's article in which he basically says that Cutler has left him with an empty feeling after the first game, yada yada yada, unimportant babble. This article has given me a few questions for Mr. Morrisey: How dumb are you? Is this the first time you've ever watched a preseason game? Did you not believe Lovie Smith when he said the offensive game planning would be manilla? How did you get your job writing about the Bears?

Seriously, why would the Bears be show casing Jay Cutler's ability and the offensive game plan in preseason... not just preseason but the first game of preseason. The only thing the Bears needed was Jay to get off the field without an injury, which he did. The Bears don't need to showcase their offense for you Mr. Morrissey, they need to do whatever they can to win. This would include NOT showcasing their offense and giving away what they plan on doing this year. I'd rather win the game versus the Packers than ANY preseason games.

Which brings me to my next point: ESPN has down syndrome. I don't mean to mock those with this mental impairment but I don't think you can bring up ESPN without noting this. I don't think I need to mention the fact that ESPN believes that the only teams anyone cares about is the Yankees, Red Sox, Patriots, Cowboys, Celtics, Giants and Lakers because they are mentally impaired, but I did it anyways. I honestly believe that ESPN goes out of their way to not have any idea what they are talking about with teams outside of the "Big 7." Yes, they too criticized Jay Cutler and the Bears offense, talking about how bad they were. Insinuating that Devin Hester isn't a go to guy because he had 6 passes thrown to him and only caught two. Oh yeah, and they talk about how the Bills first string offense was so much better than the Bears' first string defense, and they basically walked all over the Bears... except the score was 3-3 when they both exited the field. But what would you expect from the worlds largest sports network that only cares, or watches games that the "Big 7" play.

Also, would Stuart Scott please stop pretending to be a hip black guy. Dude, you're nearly 50, and you're still using lines that were popular only in 1995. No one thinks you and your crazy eye is funny, hip, or black. Seriously, Stuart Scott is as black as Vanilla Ice. In fact, the latter may have a little more street cred, whatever that means. But what would you expect from the least knowledgable sporting network.

I guess I don't understand how the richest and "most powerful" sporting network gets ALL the sporting information last. Who really goes to ESPN to see breaking news when you can go to such sites as MLBTradeRumors.com or Kffl.com. Honestly, I've seen ESPN put information on their website about how something isn't going to happen, and at the same time it actually happened. ESPN keeps that post up for about 30 minutes until one of their whizzes finds out. But what would you expect from a sporting network that has down syndrome (all we need to do is look at Scott's eye to figure this out).

I know, I know, this was supposed to be a post about the Bears' first preseason game, but I felt ESPN and their mental disorder needed to be discussed. So really quickly let me get back to my main point and tell you everything that you need to know about the game. 1) The Bears lost, 2) Jay Cutler is healthy, and 3) who cares, its freaking preseason!!!! Sorry for the rant, but these are just a few of my quick thoughts.

5 comments:

  1. "Which brings me to my next point: Espn has down syndrome"...

    That's so politically incorrect, dude.

    They prefer to be referred to as "nar-nars."

    Please use this terminology from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, nar-nars seems to be a much easier word to describe their deficit in brain activity. Where did you come up with that word?

    ReplyDelete
  3. credit to one of my roomates a few years ago (shout out B Hurd!)

    because that's the noise they make when you try and have a conversation!

    I hope no one too politically correct is reading this...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would you rather be the smartest kid with down syndrom or the tallest midget?

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Yeah, we get it... you're the COOLEST guy at Shenanigans... whooopty doo! That's like being the smartest kid with Downs syndrome."
    take that, Ryan Reynolds.

    ReplyDelete