Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Sweaty Freddy Returns




The pitcher who started the clinching game of the 2005 World Series will be on the mound tonight at Sox Park. Guess who will be there to watch his return. That’s right another game for Steve another 2005 White Sox Starter (Buehrle’s Perfect Game, Contreas in Milwaukee, and Freddy Tonight now if I could only find Garland). I do not expect much from good old 34 (who will look odd wearing 43) tonight except for 8 shut out innings similar to game 4 of the 2005 WS. No, I’d be happy if he can get into the 7th with a handful of K’s and no walks. Random question, I remember when the Sox first got Freddy, everybody talked about how him and Ozzie were best friends. Is that still the case, this time around I have not heard that. It might be because last time we got him Freddy was an All-Star for the Mariners and this time is might be washed up.

I will be back tomorrow with a full recap of the sights and sounds for Sox Park. I’ll be in the Outfield so look for me on TV catching a HR or in the lower bowl at the game.

1 comment:

  1. ouch... 4.1 and he got hit hard.

    Is there some way to combine Bartolo and Freddy into a halfway decent innings-eater?

    ReplyDelete