Monday, April 6, 2009

UNC: GREATEST EVER!?

(Update) See the picture, that is a screen shot of ESPN.com at 12:21 PM the day after they won. Mmaybe the worldwide leader is becoming predictable. But the article that accompanies this image agrees with what I was saying last night; That they are a good team, but not an elite team. Good read though. -SN
I can already picture ESPN debating this all day tomorrow starting with Mike and Mike in the morning through the evening Sportscenter.

Right now it's almost half time and I am here to say even if UNC wins by 50 they are not the best team ever. Yes I know they are looking to win ever game in the NCAA tournament by at least 12 but they are not the best team not even close.

Here are some teams off the top of my head.

1976 Hoosiers who went undefeated

but i still don't think they can match the Bill Walton and Lou Alcindor's UCLA teams that won something insane like 60 some games in a row. Those are elite teams. This UNC team is good, but not in thier competition.

Other teams I would take over this team

80's Georgetown
Early 90s UNLV
Early 90s Duke
Mid 00s Florida teams

Heck they aren't even in my top 2 UNC's schools of all time. I would take that stacked 82 Champions or the 2005 team over these guys.

Alright, feel free to hate on me below.

1 comment:

  1. The 2005 UNC team would have won every tourney game this year by 25.

    That said, what a season for these guys! Lawson, Hansbrough, Ellington, Green, Frasor, even Deon Thompson, not to mention superfrosh Ed Davis, all played amazing.

    Not the greatest ever, but damn sure good enough!

    ReplyDelete