Friday, April 10, 2009

Weekend Watch 04/10/09




I was really tempted to have the following for the Weekend Watch:

Friday
Saturday
Sunday

Masters, ESPN and CBS.


But I thought better of it.

On a quick side note, check out this shootout goal. Thanks to Tim for the link.


ON TO THE WATCH!

Friday

Minnesota Twins @ Chicago White Sox: 7:11 (Helping out the sponsor) Comcast Sports Net

It’ll be good to see the Sox old nemesis’ return to the South Side for the first time since this put them in the playoffs last fall. Hopefully the Sox can get their first series win of the year. I am also interested to see how Jose Contreras will pitch in the number 4 spot. I read a good joke in the Chicago Tribune’s Redeye 5 on 5 today. When asked, “How will ex-Sox player and current Twin Joe Crede be treated at [Comisky] tonight?” Phillip Thompson responded, “He’ll get a pat on the back, which for him could be fatal.”

Who I want to win: Chicago White Sox
Who I think will win: Chicago White Sox

Masters: All Day ESPN

Ahh the masters. “A tradition unlike any other”. The Masters says one thing to me, relaxing and enjoying the nice spring weather. I know the weather doesn’t always cooperate, but relaxing none the less. [The Masters says one thing to me, too: Naptime - mf]

Who I want to win: Greg Norman! Or I guess John Daly (what’s he’s still suspended; he’s just selling his stuff?)
Who I think will win: Fyurk had a good opening round. I’ll go with him.

Saturday

College Football Spring Practice: ESPN

For you college football junkies (Me) ESPN will be broadcasting some of the country’s biggest programs spring practices. Ok so maybe just Fodor and me will be watching this.

Who I want to win: Lights
Who I think will win: Darks


Blackhawks at Red Wings 3 EST WGN

Red Wings and Blackhawks have a home and home to end the season (Also play Sunday 2EST NBCHD). Hawks need 1 more point to lock up the 4 seed. The Redwings have a slim chance of having the number 1 seed in the West, but Sharks could wrap up the president’s cup (Team with most points) tonight. So either game 2 will be very meaningful or not very meaningful

Who I want to win: Blackhawks and Blackhawks
Who I think will win: Redwings and Blackhawks



Bobcats vs Bulls 8:30 EST WGN

The Bulls have been one of the hottest teams of the second half of the season. They have a slim chance of making the 6 seed but are more likely looking to fall into the 7 slot. This could create a matchup against a Garnettless Celtics which might allow the Bulls to steal a game or two.

Who I want to win: Bulls
Who I think will win: Bulls

Sunday


Masters CBS

Come on, it’s Easter Sunday. What else do you do after eating and finding your Easter eggs? The only thing that might draw my attention away from the Masters would be Boston vs Cleveland, but Cleveland is 4 games up right now. So All Day Masters for Steve.

Who I want to win: Greg Norman
Who I think will win: Tiger, but only if he has the lead going into the final round.

HAPPY EASTER!

No comments:

Post a Comment