Sunday, May 17, 2009

Bloomington: Summer Superstar Convention


So Noffke and Jamie came down this weekend (yes, they brought their flippy floppys) for a whole bunch of grilling and bartime socializing. How can I make this somehow sports related? Well...

We watched the Sox choke away a game at Yogis with Ninja Bartending Master Glass. And then, as soon as the South Siders lost, 2-1 to Toronto, my fantasy team Cub Kevin Gregg gave up four runs in the ninth to blow the save, followed by the Cubs scoring a run in the bottom of the frame. And no, Gregg didn't get the vulture win, because he didn't even manage to get an out. (Gregg is quoted in the Tribune saying "I think I could have hit myself today.") The Double Baggers just took their first head-to-head loss of the year in my Yahoo!Random League. Utley, Pena, and Wells all decided to slump at the same time as Danks and Chris Young (dropped for Barry Zito)... then Gregg got lit up too. Ouch. On the bright side, I'm goanna win K's every week.

Anyway. Other sporting events of the weekend–we got in three games of darts at Upstairs. I'm not going to gloat too much about the outcome other than to say I will be joining the semi-pro dart playing ranks as of tomorrow. However, Noffke did give me ten-to-one odds on hitting a triple 20.

I am one dollar poorer. Damn.

But yeah, great weekend, except that the Sox really need to pick it up. 15-19? Ouch. I mean, the AL Central is by no means out of reach but it's time to get another starter- yeah, Colon pitched a good 5+ innings today but he can't go any deeper than that- so come on, Kenny Williams.

Hawks-Wings Game One is tomorrow at 3. I'm thinking this is going to be a great series for not only hardcore hockey fans, but also the sport as a whole.

1 comment:

  1. Also scoped out the new Stadium, debated about trying to sneak in and walk around, but Yogi's was calling us so we headed there instead.

    Also watched way too much of these three clips
    http://www.hulu.com/watch/56632/saturday-night-live-digital-short-im-on-a-boat

    http://www.hulu.com/watch/1402/saturday-night-live-dk-in-a-box-censored

    http://www.hulu.com/watch/72434/saturday-night-live-digital-short-motherlover-censored

    ReplyDelete