Thursday, May 21, 2009

NBA Prediction, Peavy Stays In Junior League


Call me crazy, but I think I'll take the Nuggets tonight in Game Two of the Western Conference Finals. I love Kobe, Lamar Odom, and Pau Gasol, but I think the veteran leadership of Billups (and veteran, uhh, participation of K-Mart) combined with Nene and Carmelo and JR Smith and Birdman adds up to a major upset victory tonight.

Callin' it now, so that if I'm right I can gloat.

Also, apparently Jake Peavy decided he likes the retro San Diego unis (pictured) and would rather stay in the nice safe National League, where he gets to face the pitcher once every other inning. Now, I have Peavy on my fantasy team (The Double Baggers) and think his stats would probably be better over in the senior circuit (aka the junior league) but I would have loved to see him pitching at the Cell. He could have stayed under a 4 ERA and brought a ton of K's to the table.

Oh well.

Anyway, hopefully more to come tonight.

Hoping for another great NBA game!

1 comment: