Friday, June 26, 2009

Off the Roids, In the Video

First and foremost I'd like to introduce myself to the blog. My name is Alec and I'm from Evanston. Fodor and are fellow: Sports fans, Evanstonians, History Majors, Quick Wits, and victims of ADD. While The University of Miami rejected me on academics (I'll leave the Warren Sapp and Ray Lewis comparisons out of it), ACSS accepted me and I hope to make the most of it.

So in the marriage between pop music and sports basketball has owned the game. 'Like Mike'? Shaq Fu? Lil' Romeo at USC? The ballers have the shit on lock. So today I was driving top down along the Rhein (oh yeah I'm a military officer stationed in Germany), and amongst the Michael Jackson beats, I ran into the new Kanye West, Ne-Yo, Keri Hilson beat. Its f***ing sick. So I came back to the crib, popped open a Pilsner, and hunted down the video on youtube. From it I have three comments:

-Go to minute 3:12, if that isn't Shawne Merriman I'm not a disgruntled GI. NBA beware, the NFL is on the come up!

-I don't know who Keri Hilson is sleeping with, but point Jessica Simpson in their direction. For real, her last two songs have had who on them? Perhaps the three hottest producers alive: Timbaland, Kanye West, and Ne-Yo. Most artists would kill for one of them.

-While there is much argument over Kanyes last album, I don't think anyone will argue this point: Ne-Yo is incapable of producing work that is less than sick. If you think he's big in the US, you need to visit Europe.

I promise I'll post deeper material later, but I have a 0330 bus to catch Amsterdam.
Peace,
-AK

3 comments:

  1. BTW, Kanye is a weaker representative of Chicago than Roland Burris; no Devin Hester, Jay Cutler, or Brian Urlacher/Lance Briggs? Weak. And although I hate to feed into the NBA monopoly, I think Derrick Rose is the #1 man in Chicago these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you finally accepted the invite! I bleeped out your f-bomb... hope that's okay.

    I bet she's sleeping with Kanye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is definitely Shawne Merriman, by the way.

    ReplyDelete