Tuesday, February 3, 2009

11 Game Losing Streak


Really? Really? 11 game losing steak. That’s impressive

I was surfing on espn.com on my blackberry yesterday and it always gives you a fun fact near the top of the page. Yesterday’s fun fact was… Indiana has tied a school record with an 11 game losing streak. Good times.

I mean I knew, like everyone else, that Indiana basketball was going to have a terrible year this year thanks to the ramifications of the Sampson fall-out. This 11 game losing streak is the proof of that. I’m not going to complain about the bad year because we all expected this. All I want from this Indiana team is to win 1 Big Ten basketball game. You heard me right 1. Not asking for much.

Looking at the schedule earlier in the year, I thought maybe we could beat Penn State at home, given that Penn State has never won in Bloomington. WRONG! Alright, Northwestern is better but we were winning most the game we can pull this one out right? WRONG! To quote ESPN Radio host and Sportscenter anchor Scott Van Pelt, “Watching Iowa basketball could make you eyes bleed.” So they are bad, we could beat them right! WRONG!

So Indiana has 10 more Big Ten games, 11 if you count the Big Ten Tournament. They can win one of them right? Looking ahead at the schedule ; it seems the best chance for IU to get its win is tomorrow night in Bloomington when the face Iowa. They are also having a down year, we played them close in Iowa City, and they always play better at home. If they don’t win tomorrow night, the future does not look as promising. Wisconsin is down this year so maybe they could get that one. The only other game on the schedule they might win would be Northwestern at home because of how close the game was up in Evanston (This would upset my colleague greatly and potentially knock NU out of the tourney).

So I’m not asking for much, just 1 lousy big ten win. A 1-21 stretch to finish the season would make me happy. Wow, now that’s depressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment