Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Can you name every starting QB in the NFL based only on where they went to School?

I know Fodor will love this one.

I was listening to The Herd on ESPN radio when Cowherd started making a point that NFL QBs don't go to elite college programs. He was saying (with the exception of USC and Penn State and Colin is a HUGE USC fan) NFL QBs come from programs where they have to work hard and get better. So he started listing off the schools where the top rated passers went, and I was trying to guess the QB. So that inspired this. Here is a list of the 32 schools where QBs went to school(I know all starters aren't assinged yet, but I went with who I thought will win) I'll have the answers Thursday

Auburn
Boston College
Boston College
Cal
Delware
East Carolina
Eastern Illinois
Georgia
Louisana-Lafayette
LSU
Marshall
Marshall
Maryland
Miami (OH)
Michigan
NC State
Northern Iowa
Notre Dame
Ole Miss
Penn State
Purdue
Purdue
Southern Miss
Stanford
Syracuse
Tenn
USC
USC
USC
Vanderbilt
Virginia
West Virginia

4 comments:

  1. I had four that I didn't get right away... NC State, Penn State, Virginia, and one of the USC's.

    Nice quiz though. This should be a drinking game, and I'm pretty sure at some point in the recent past (Alec?) it has been... haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got 28 and I put this together. It's an intresting and more challenging spin on the from game. Maybe next week I'll do RB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scrolled down before seeing anyone elses:

    Auburn: Jason Campbell
    Boston College: Matt Ryan
    Boston College:
    Cal: Aaron Rodgers
    Delaware: Joe Flacco
    East Carolina:
    Eastern Illinois: Tony Romo
    Georgia: Matt Stafford
    Louisiana-Lafeyette: Brett Favre
    LSU:
    Marshall: Byron Leftwich
    Marshall: Chad Pennington
    Maryland:
    Miami (OH): Ben Roethlisberger
    Michigan: Tom Brady
    NC State:
    Northern Iowa:
    Notre Dame: Brady Quinn
    Ole Miss: Eli Manning
    Penn State:
    Purdue: Kyle Orton
    Purdue: Drew Brees
    Southern Mississippi:
    Stanford: Trent Edwards
    Syracuse: Donovan McNabb
    Tennesse: Peyton Manning
    USC: Matt Cassell
    USC: Carson Palmer
    USC: Matt Sanchez
    Vanderbilt: Jay Cutler
    Virginia:
    West Virginia:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, Noffke gave me a hint on the last one (Penn State), but I pretty much clean swept this list.

    One of the USC guys (Cassel) is injured. Quick. Tyler Thigpen... FROM??

    ReplyDelete