Friday, October 16, 2009

MLB Championship Series Breakdown




Déjà vu all over again. The biggest change this year, LA has home field advantage through out. I think the key to the series will be how the Dodgers starting pitchers do against the Phillies bats. The Dodgers have a fantastic bullpen, so if the starters can get to the 6th or 7th with the lead or tied, the Dodgers bullpen can carry them to victory.

But getting to the 6th or 7th against the Phillies might be difficult task for the Dodgers starting against the Phillies line up that includes Howard, Ibanez, Utley and more. Also the Phillies have the best pitcher in the series in Lee which is a big advantage. I see this series going the distance, and home field in game 7 is huge.

Who I think will win: Dodgers in 7

Who I want to win: Dodgers





40 degrees wins 15-20 MPH. And today is supposed to be the nice game. Weather will be the talk of the first two games of the series until the game shift to LA. The series itself should be very entertaining and I think each team is built for their home stadium. The Yankees have power hitting and power pitching which is what they need to win in the New Yankee Stadium. The Angels are built to play a closer version to small ball which works well for them in Anaheim. So who wins, Power or small ball? I kind of like small ball, being able to manufacture runs when your offense goes cold could be key.

My biggest concern for the Angels is how will the back end of their bullpen do? That’s what did the Twins in in the previous series. We know what they Yankees have. Rivera is almost always money (Except against the Diamondbacks in 2001). So can the Angels close out the game when the most pressure is on? I am not sure.

Speaking of Yankee pitching, the Yankees are plan on throwing CC games 1, 4, and 7. He proved last year on the Brewers that he can pitch well on short rest.

I do think playing 3 in a row in LA/Anaheim will benefit the Angels. If they can get 1 in New York, I could see them taking all 3 in LA. However, if they have to get that 1 win in New York in Game 7, that could be hard to do.

Who I think will win: Yankees in 7

Who I want win: Angels

3 comments:

  1. I honestly see an LA subway World Series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yankees - Dodgers. Get ready for the annoying Joe Torre storylines! And I even like Joe Torre.

    Not to mention Manny vs. A-Rod in the Battle Of The Recently Exposed Superstars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't mind either NL as long as it's not the Yankees. But LA vs LA would be most ideal. What would that be the 4th time a region has the World Series? 1906 Chicago, 1988,89 one of those years and the San Francisco Bay Series, 2000 New York. Any others that i'm missing?

    ReplyDelete