Tuesday, October 13, 2009

MLB Division Series Review





Well that went fast didn’t it? A min of 12 games for the first round and we got 13 lucky us. The best part, thanks to TV deals, every team is idle until Friday. I guess that gives me plenty of time to write my ALCS and NCLS preview articles, but before we get there, let’s review the past series.




Cardinals vs Dodgers

What I said: Cards in 4

What happened: Dodgers in 3.

Not a good start for me. The first two games in LA were very competitive and could have gone either way. LA was able to pull both of them out and walked into St. Louis with no problem. Lots of people are saying Holiday lost the game 2 for the Cardinals with his error in left. Yes this was an untimely error, but the reason the Cardinals were up at this point was thanks to Holiday.

Rockies vs Phillies

What I said: Phillies in 5

What happned: Phillis in 4

The weather got interesting in Colorado once again calling into question whether the baseball season should be shorter in games, or in days. Phillies made a late night rally last night scoring 3 runs to take the lead in the 9th. That does not feel good for Rocktober





Twins vs Yanks

What I said: Twins in 5

What happened: Yanks in 3

Well I was drinking the “Twins have the momentum” Gatorade and well, the Yankees were just too good for them. The most surprising thing for me was Nathan’s blowing the save in the Bronx

Red Sox vs Angels

What I said: Red Sox in 4

What happened: Angels in 3

Angels exorcised their Red Sox demons and took the series easily. I thought the Red Sox had a better team, but I’m glad the Angels won.

So I went 1-4 in the division round, I feel like A-Rod in October. What? He’s doing good? O well then. So what have we learned from this? Don’t listen to me cause I am dumb.

4 comments:

  1. You went 1-3... and you're the accountant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a baseball reference, notice the A-Rod joke? I went 1 out of 4, not 1 and 4. If Paul Konerko is 1-2, that means he's gotten 1 hit in 2 at bats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I get it. You're just covering so you don't look stupid! J/k, but it isn't so obvious in text form. Btw, you = gay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing how A-Rod hits now that he has a bunch of other good bats in the lineup to take the pressure off.

    I may have to do an All-Time Greats Who Can't Handle Pressure Team.

    ReplyDelete