Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Ultimate *cough* Rivalry


Separated by a short stretch of highway and three state lines, the Queen Cities of Cleveland and Buffalo glower at each other on the shining shores of Lake Erie. Wait a minute. Should that lake really be shining?

Probably better not to think about it.

Similarly, it would be better not to think about the Bills vs. Browns matchup currently being played out in Buffalo. Jamal Lewis! Trent Edwards! Dick Jauron! Eric Mangini!

Unfortunately for me, I decided to ride the hot hand and start waiver wire wonder Jerome Harrison (seen here making fun of my terrible management skills) in the Mother Bears Fantasy League this week. So far, he's gone for sixteen yards on six carries. The score is 3-3 in the fourth quarter. As far as I can tell, nothing has happened in this game. Derek Anderson has 23 passing yards. Both he and Edwards have a pick, and neither has thrown a TD.

So the running games must be good, right? Uh, wrong. Jerome "I will never start you again" Harrison and Lewis have combined for 88 yards on 26 carries. The two-headed Bills monster of Fred Jackson and Marshawn "Predator" Lynch have 81 yards on 25 carries. Needless to say, nobody has a touchdown.

Do I sound bitter? It's because Ahmad Bradshaw is SITTING ON MY BENCH as he racks up (so far) 32.50 points against the Oakland Raiders. I started Harrison over him? I could be ignoring this awful game? Twelve punts so far, by the way.

It could be worse. I could be in Orchard Park, watching this game right now. Now that would be bad.

Come back, Bears! We miss you.

EDIT: Fifteen punts now. I don't even wanna know how many penalty yards. By the way, Detroit has the ball with three minutes left and down by eight. I got a shot at my Upset Pick Of The Week!

6 comments:

  1. Dude, I have half my team on a bye and Calvin Johnson went out in the 4th quarter. My team has like 30 points, with only 2 people outside of today's games. I suck

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Cleveland-Buffalo might have been the worst game of all time. At least of the season. 6-3 final. 730 Punt Yards!!!!!! 730! That's more than both teams put up in total yards combined. By at least 200 yards. Meanwhile, Jonathan Stewart, who I dropped for Harrison, scored a TD in a game he wasn't supposed to play. Owwwwww....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unbelievable. I had to decide between picking up Cadillac Williams and Jamal Lewis, and Massaquoi vs. Antonio Bryant. Ironic that it was a choice between Browns running back vs. Bucs RB and Bucs WR vs. Browns WR. Anyways, I decided to go with Cadillac b/c he was named the full-time starter this week, had been playing well, and Lewis was coming off an injury. I went with Massaquoi b/c Anderson hit him a ton last week, maybe they had a connection, and Josh Johnson was the QB of the bucs. Needless to say, my decision cost me 22 points. My total with the two players I picked = 1 point.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And yes, I agree, that was, perhaps, the WORST game of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lesson Learned; when going for the waiver wire, pick up players from WINNING TEAMS! Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know you are in trouble when you start Josh Johnson 2 straight weeks at QB. I love Fantasy Football

    ReplyDelete