Friday, March 5, 2010

BEARS MAKE FREE AGENT SPLASH


No it's not Peppers, and heck it's not even a splash. The Bears have signed 30 yr old TD Brandon Manumaleuna to a 5 year deal. My first thought was WHO? Then when I realized who it was I asked why? Why did we make this deal? I don't get it. I am also excited to see Greg Olson thrive somewhere next year and make 5 pro bowls. Especially for a 2nd round pick that has a 50/50 shot of working out.

Anyways, Mike and Mike are saying that they fully expect Julius Peppers to be a Bear by the end of the day. So that makes me feel better.

4 comments:

  1. I like the pick-up. In all honesty Olsen never played up to expectations - ok blocker, some great catches, but also some bonehead plays. A few terrible fumbles in 2008 and he had that graceful slip on that sure TD pass this past season...that was blamed on the turf even though he clearly landed on the side of his foot and it was his own damn fault.

    I think that adding an extra blocker like manumaleuna will open up some bigger plays for the RBs...looking like forte and chester taylor. i'm going to say over/under on combined RB receiving yards is 1200.

    I think you might be able to get Odrick from PSU early in the second round which i would like. If it's a late second rounder I really like the CB Cook out of Virginia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to mention that Cutler is going to take some hits in Martz's offense...might as well get him all the protection he can get.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think this spells the end for Olsen. I think it spells the end for Clark.

    ReplyDelete